Thursday, April 25, 2024

A Break From Democracy Articles With Some Democratic Music

 



While I slowly slog through Edward Elgar Publishing's new and massive Research Handbook on Populism, which will be the subject of my next review and also work on a few revisions to a paper on epistemic democracy I recently completed, I thought a few of my readers here (two or three maybe?) might like to hear some new freely improvised music from--as anyone can easily tell from the picture above--Framed Ophelia (though obviously not the pre-Raphaelite version). You can listen free at Bandcamp

If, as I suspect, a couple of quick, easy-to-swallow excerpts is way more than enough for most democracy researchers, I recommend tasting "Robot Beat Poets" and "Swarm Intelligence"--maybe topped off with "A Brief Dilemma."  (Yoshi can be soooo lyrical.) 

FWIW, I insist that, while these recordings represent neither left- nor right-wing populism, they do kind of symbolize authentic, radical democracy--even if of a kind that is sometimes a bit undistilled for my liking. That's life, I guess.

Here's a bit more, for those with an interest in the solemnity of Graduation Days:

Back soon with the regular (more boring? less annoying?) stuff. 

Cheers.

No comments: